Sunday, May 6, 2007

POPULATION
1. My grandparents have 9 children. Actually, from my father's side there is only him (he is a unique child), and from my mother's side, they are 8, including my mom. About my family, we are 3 children: me, my young brother, and my sister, who is the youngest in our family. For my part, I would like to have 2 or 3 children like my parents did, in order to keep the family going !
2. France population is about 61,528 inhabitans, and including the "DOM-TOM", which are the Islands such as Guadeloupe, Guyana, La Reunion, and La Martinique, belonging to France, the population is about 64,100 people.
The french population is not as big as others like China or other big counrties, but has a real impact among the European countries. The quality of life, with the Euro, has really increased, and on the other hand, the incomes didn't. So France stays really expensive, and especially for people who use to pay in dollars, leading to a waist of market slices..
3. The earth's population is around 6.7 billion ..
4. Nowadays the population of animal species is regulate or control thanks to the reserves or different parks which are used to preserve the species from extinction.. Or also, some laws have been voted to limit the hunting during the years giving a chance to animals to reproduce ..
I think that these kind of methods could not be taken for human, simply because human being is unpredictable ! Nobody can control humans..
5. Governments can not control population growth too much.. Some actions have been taken in China, for instance, encouraging people to have only one child because of the huge amount of the population in this counrty.. Except that, nothing can really been made by governments..

1 comment:

mistone said...

Very interesting, Jeremie. One thing I want to comment on question 4 is, it is because human has no natural enemy, and no other animal hunts human!